Town of Pepperell Minutes
Recreation Commission June 13,2011
The meeting was called to order at 6:40 pm with members Dave Priddle, Derek TenBroeck and Jennifer Ruch present. Also in attendance were Stacey Drahusz-Director of Programs and Facilities and Joe Stackhouse-Summer Playground Director.
The minutes from previous meeting were approved.
Voted to accept :
Dave Priddle as Chairman
Derek TenBroeck as Treasurer
Jennifer Ruch as Secretary
· Stacey has no formal estimates for furniture but recommends padded folding chairs.
· Committee approved spending $600 that will be donated on the chairs
· Defective heat sensors will be replaced. Will ask head of fire department if can test them.
· Flyers for the Summer Recreation will go out
· Air Conditioner will need to have some extra work done.
· Stacey cleaned the carpets herself and plans on doing some extra housekeeping.
· Stacey can approve some soccer field usage as long as they are registered with Mass U Soccer.
· Joe asked about tents. We have 3 tents: 2 new and 1 at Derek’s house
· Joe asked about waterslide. Waterslide needs to be repaired.
· Joe asked about CPR/First Aid certification. Stacey suggested that Toby(Fire Department) would be willing to run this program. Recreation Commission will pay for books.
· Joe asked for 3rd Assistant Director. Committee approved.
· Volunteers will not need to register but will fill out form for health insurance reasons.
· Next meeting is scheduled for July 18 at 7pm upstairs.
· The meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.