Town Of Pepperell Minutes
Recreation Commission February 14, 2011
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM with members Dave Priddle and Derek TenBroeck present. Also present was Stacey Drahusz, Director of Programs and Facilities.
· The minutes from January 10, 2011 were approved.
1. Stacey purchased a non-skid runner that is placed from the front door to the upstairs main room.
2. Stacey purchased two cabinets for bathroom supply storage.
3. Stacey obtained three quotes to have the bathrooms painted. Hillside Painting was selected with the lowest bid. They will supply the labor at no charge.
4. The purchase of replacement chairs will be revisited in May.
5. Stacey repaired the sign (that announces our events).
6. The air fresheners in the building are working great.
7. Stacey has been informed by Peter Shattuck that she should as our private trash collector to dispose of the old television,
8. A donated television has not been received.
· Stacey provided the financials for rental and programs for the last two months.
· The January dance was cancelled due to a shortage of chaperones.
· Stacey discussed the field and building usage requests. Justin Zink will be asked to attend the next meeting to discuss Public Safety Day – specifically where fires will be lit and where glass will be broken.
· Stacey will ask the Weight Watchers group about the use of their cabinet.
· The voice mail is still not working on the telephone line. Stacey will continue to pursue.
· The Commission decided that providing cable to the building is not necessary.
· Stacey will solicit vendors for the Egg Hunt. They will be charged 20% of their revenue (on the honor system) for having a table during the event.
· Derek reported that he did not complete the Capital appropriations request form in time.
· Derek submitted the budget for the next fiscal year.
· Next meeting is scheduled for March 21, 2011 at 7PM upstairs at the Community Center.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM.