Pepperell Board of Health

November 15, 2011

Meeting Minutes

Town Hall Conference Room A

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

Call to order:   The Pepperell Board of Health was called to order at 7:00 pm, by Mr. Buckley. He informed all present the meeting was being tape recorded.

 

Members Present:    Alfred Buckley, Chairman, John Marriner, Member, Phillip Durno, Member

Members Absent:                                                                                                                                                              

Staff Present:          Kalene Gendron R.S., Health Agent, Sandra Grogan, Board Secretary

Guests Present:       Paul MacDonald Nashoba Publishing, Allison Richardson 114 Lawrence St.

Minutes to be approved:   Mr. Durno made a motion to approve the minutes of October 18, 2011.

                                          Mr. Marriner seconded it. A vote was taken. All were in favor.

Topic of Discussion

Relevant Discussion

Action taken

Vote taken

Correspondence 6:

Landfill - Update

 

  •  At present, the Pepperell Board of Health’s (PBOH) landfill monitoring contract with Corporate Environmental Advisors (CEA) will expire in the Spring of FY2012. The BOH may annually renew with CEA up to three years, and then a RFP must be written up by the BOS.
  • The PBOH had requested MA DEP to eliminate the VOC’s groundwater testing; this would save approximately $700.00 in annual testing. The PBOH is still waiting to hear from MA DEP.
  • Mr. Adam Last (CEA) had sent a renewal contract for landfill monitoring for FY2013,  but the members of the Board want to wait and see if MA DEP will reduce the landfill testing request, then the dollar figures would have to be reduced that amount on the new renewal contract with CEA.
  • Presently, by Fall of FY 2014, the line item budget for landfill monitoring will not have enough money to continue the MA DEP required landfill monitoring tests.
  • The Board members would like a letter to be forwarded to the following departments: BOS, Town Administrator, Finance Committee, Treasurer’s office, DPW Town Engineer, and Assistant Director Laurie Stevens, and Peter Shattuck, Highway, of the current status.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Old Business: A

Body Art Practitioner Form

 

 

 

 

 

·        A discussion ensued as to whether the PBOH members would like to accept the Body Art Practitioner Application form as written.

·        The members agreed they would like to see the fee amount changed from $50.00 to $75.00 and payable to the Town of Pepperell.

 

 

 

 

Mr. Durno made a motion to change the Body Art Practitioner Application to show the fee of $50.00 to read $75.00 and payable to the Town of Pepperell.

 

Mr. Marriner seconded it. 

 

 

 

 

A vote was taken.

All were in favor.

Old Business: B

Body Art Establishment Form

  • The members agreed to see a similar change to read the cost of the Body Art Establishment fee is $200.00 annually, and it will be made payable to the Town of Pepperell.

 

Mr. Marriner made this motion to see the annual fee of $200.00 and payable to the Town of Pepperell.

 

Mr. Durno seconded it.

A vote was taken.

All were in favor.

Old Business: C

Beaver Application Form

 

 

 

  • The Health Agent (HA) presented an emergency Beaver permit application to the Board.
  • The members approved of the application.
  • Mr. Marriner abstains from voting.

Mr. Durno made a motion to accept the emergency Beaver permit application.

 

Mr. Buckley seconded.

A vote was taken by two Board members.

 

Both were in favor.

Old Business: D

Animal Insp. – Payroll form

  • The Accounting department sent the PBOH a change in payroll form that will allow the Animal Inspector, to get her grade and step increase along with the 1% increase.
  • Mr. Buckley, Chairman signed the form.

 

 

Old Business: E

Well Regulations

  • The HA offered the members of the Board a copy of the final version of the well regulations and asked if anyone had questions, comments, changes to make.
  • The members of the Board approved the well regulations as written.

Mr. Marriner made a motion to accept the well regulations as written.

 

Mr. Durno seconded it.

A vote was taken.

All were in favor.

New Business: F

NMRHS – Smoking Complaint

  • The HA received an oral complaint about a student being effected by girls smoking in the bathrooms.
  • Mr. Durno wants to make a motion that a letter goes to the school committee to monitor the bathrooms, and a letter to the bus driver about no smoking allowed on the bus.
  • The HA said “she will bring in a written complaint next meeting.”
  • The Board members were in favor of rescinding the motion of letters being sent out at this time.  The discussion was tabled until next meeting on December 06, 2011.

 

 

Permits/Licenses:

155 Heald St.

  • The HA informed the members of the Board that the engineer would like to request a variance flow from the 150 gpd to 110 gpd.
  • The Board agreed.

Board signed permit

 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Marriner made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. Durno seconded it. A vote was taken. All were in favor.

Meeting was adjourned at 8: 05 pm

Next Meeting: December 06, 2011

Respectfully submitted by:   Sandra Grogan, Board Secretary

 

 

_____________________________              _________________________    _______________________________                    

  Alfred Buckley, Chairman                  John Marriner, Member          Phillip Durno, Member