Pepperell Board of Health
October 27, 2010
Town Hall Conference Room B
Call to order: The Pepperell Board of Health was called to order at 8:30 am by Mr. Buckley. He informed all present the meeting was being recorded.
Members Present: Alfred Buckley Member, John Marriner Member
Staff Present: Kalene Gendron RS, Health Agent, and Sandra Grogan Board Secretary
Topic of Discussion
Vote on Board of Health Chairman
· Mr. Buckley explained why the BOH called the meeting.
· Mr. Marriner asked Mr. Buckley ‘if he wanted to be the Chairman, as he didn’t want the position.’
· Mr. Buckley replied “if you don’t want the position, I will take it.”
· Mrs. Gendron said “we are a quorum of two, do we know if the BOS is temporarily adding someone to this board.”
· “They are going to be advertising for a volunteer” said Mr. Buckley.
· The reason this was mentioned just in case one member can’t make the meeting. The Health Agent has no jurisdiction to vote.
· Mr. Marriner asked “why do we need a third person before the election.”
· Mr. Buckley responded by saying “we are a three member board and we have a vacancy to fill, if we were a five member board, we wouldn’t have a problem to make a quorum, we are a quorum with two members but it’s not up to one member to make the decision.”
· The Health Agent said “if she was to propose a permit and one member said yes and the other said no then you could run into problems.”
· Mr. Marriner said “if it’s a good project we both will say yes and if it’s not we won’t approve it.”
Mr. Marriner nominated Mr. Buckley as BOH Chairman with an aye.
Mr. Buckley seconded it.
A vote was taken.
All were in favor
Mr. Buckley made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. Marriner seconded it. A vote was taken. All were in favor.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:37am
Next Meeting: November 16, 2010
Respectfully submitted by: Sandra Grogan
Alfred Buckley, Chairman John Marriner, Member