*** Online Transactions ***
Many Town Clerk transactions can be ordered online, including vital records, business licenses, and dog licenses.
Please see below for information about using the UniPay system:
Voter Registration forms are available at the Town Clerk's office. Mail-in forms can be obtained http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/2012-Voter-reg-mail-in.pdf or at the Lawrence Library and the Pepperell post office.
Voter Registration Deadlines: The deadline to register to vote in any Massachusetts State or Local election is 20 days prior to that election.
Voting Precincts: Pepperell is divided into 3 precincts in order to facilitate on-site voter sign-in at Town-run elections and Town Meeting. In general:
- Precinct #1 includes all of East Pepperell east of the Nashua and Nississit Rivers, except those addresses on the west side of Hollis north of the Nissitissit River, and those address north of the Nissitissit River within the Nashua Rd, Hollis St, Mill St (west side of the street only) triangle.
- Precinct #2 includes addresses west of the Nashua River AND south of Main St, Heald St. and the section of West St. south of Heald St. (including addresses on the south side of Main St, Heald St., and West St north of Heald St.). Precinct #2 also includes the north side of Main St. from Carter to the Nashua River, Cottage St. and Mill St. address from Main St,. to the Nissitissit River.
- Precinct #3 includes all addresses north of Main St from Park St. to Carter St, all address on the north (odd) side of Heald St, and the section of West St. (odd numbers only) north of Heald St., as well as those addresses on the west side of Hollis north of the Nissitissit River, and those address north of the Nissitissit River within the Nashua Rd, Hollis St, Mill St (west side of the street only) triangle
Click here or on the map for a larger version of the map or here for a complete list of streets and addresses.
Annual Town Meeting: The Annual Town Meeting shall be held on the fourth Monday of April or the first Monday of May of each year. No fewer than 75 voters shall be a quorum for the transaction of any town business. Past Town Meeting results are available for review.
The annual election of town officers
and the determination of such matters as are required to be elected
or determined by ballot shall be held on the fourth Monday of
April. The polls shall be open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Vital Records Fee for a certified copy (birth, marriage or death) is $10.00; Please phone ahead to check that your record is on file; prepayment is required.
Dog Licenses: Any person within the Town of Pepperell who at the commencement of a license period is, or who during any license period becomes, the owner of a dog that is six (6) months old or older, shall cause the dog to be properly registered, numbered, described and licensed in accordance with Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws. The owner or keeper of any such dog not registrered and licensed by May 31 of any year shall, in addition to the fees and charges provided for in MGL C.140 s.139, thereafter be subject to a service charge of twenty-five dollars ($25), which shall be turned over to the town treasury.
- Licenses are issue from January 1 - April 1 for the license period of April 1 - March 31
- License Fee is $15.00 for male or female, and $10.00 for spayed or neutered.
- The late fee is $50/dog as per MGL Ch. 140, Sec 141.
Renew online *IF A CURRENT RABIES CERTIFICATE IS ON FILE WITH OUR OFFICE*
(call 978-433-0339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if in doubt)
Download mail in Dog License Renewal application as a PDF file
For Kennel Licenses please use PDF file
Business Certificates: Businesses in Pepperell must file for a Business Certificate, which is required under Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 110, Section 5. Who Must File? Any person or person conducting a business under any title other than the complete real name of the owner. Any corporation doing business in a name other than the corporate name. Fee is $40 and certificate is valid for four (4) years from date of issuance.
Town Records and Documents: In addition to the Vital Records of Pepperell, the Office of the Town Clerk maintains the records of Town Government, including past Town Meetings and Elections. The following documents are available online:
The state Ethics law requires all municipal employees to participate in ethics training and submit proof of such to the Town Clerk. More information about the ethics training can be found on the State Ethic Commission website.
Training can be completed online, with a proof-of-completion printout available to turn in to the Clerk.
Please contact the Clerk's office with any questions.